Yesterday I made napkins.I was really excited about the napkins because we currently do not have napkins.I even bought really cute fabric that would coordinate with my colors and style.I also thought that napkins would be easy.Wow, I was wrong!I did not have a rotary cutter and was still struggling with cutting and sewing on straight lines.Apparently cutting on straight lines is important when making napkins.I now have a rotary cutter.There also was an error in calculating the amount of fabric that I needed. (Did I mention that I tought Kindergarten? Well, I can do "Kindergarten" math.)So, for the single layer napkins, I just make them smaller, and the double layer napkins I only made one.Both napkins were hard, but the double layer napkins with the rick rack were unbelievable hard.I literally worked on that one all day yesterday, and it is still not done correct.
I think that there might have been some pinning errors on that one also.I learned that I still have a lot to learn.I think that I am going to practice some more before completing more of the double layer napkins.I made a market bag, project three, yesterday. To save money, I used an old sheet.It is not the cutest bag, but I am getting better at straight line and piecing things together.
My Market Bag
Today I am working on bunting and appliquéing.I am excited about this because I am making a shirt for Emma and would like to appliqué her name on it.We will see.