Sunday, January 15, 2012

Extreme Couponing

Yesterday I tried extreme couponing.  One of my neighbors is really good at it, and she told me to check out The Grocery Game website.  This is a whole new world that I have never known existed.  This website makes it really easy to learn how to do it, where to go, and what to buy.  The hard part to me at the moment is learning how to buy what has a coupon and is on sale and not necessarily what I need.  For example, yesterday I bought toilet paper, paper towels, batteries, tide, downy, and toothpaste.  These are all items that I did not need, but got because they were on sale and I also could add a coupon.  I got extra granola bars and can goods because they were on sale, and I could add a coupon.  All these things either do not go bad, or have a long shelf life, so the fact that I got more than I might need at the moment will be fine; eventually I will need them and will not have to buy them when they are not on sale, or do not have a coupon.   I do not have to buy off brands or things that I will never need or use, in fact all the items that I bought yesterday were the same name brands that I always buy.  Some of the items even worked out to being free, or over 50% off.  It is kind of crazy, and I left the store saving over $100.

If you are interested you should check out The Grocery Game website.  It shows you how to use the website, and you can sign up for a free period of time.  Pretty much what you do is save the coupon part of the Sunday News, and go to the website to pick the stores that you use.  Then the website lists all the promotions and sales for those stores.  Next to the stores the website tells you where to find the coupons in the pull outs that you saved from the Sunday paper (you do not have to even cut them until you are ready to go to the store).  Some of the coupons that she lists will be from previous coupon pages, so you need to find a place and store your pull outs and just get them when needed.  The website even tracts your coupons so you can know how much you are saving, and what coupons you have used.  Pretty cool!  If you already do extreme couponing (with this website or another website), or are going to try it, please let me know.  I would love to learn new techniques, and how much you are saving.

http://www.thegrocerygame.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment