Monday, July 30, 2012

For the Love of the Crock Pot





Okay, so I love my Crock Pot.  Nothing is easier than putting a few ingredients together in the morning and by dinner time you have a whole meal ready.   

I found a website on Pinterest where you can find 5 crock pot meals that are doubled at a time with the shopping list.  Wow!  Nothing could be easier, right?  The website name is Six Cents at http://www.six-cents.com/2012/06/crockpot-freezer-cooking-101.html.  Aimee talks about how much money and time you spend when you go ahead and make double recopies at the same time.  So, today I made 3 of her recipes and doubled them, so now I have 6 Freezer Crock Pot meals in my freezer (well, on 5 because I am cooking one now).  It only took me about 30 minutes to prepare the six meals.   I did not try the Curry Chicken because curry is a “Hard Limit” at my house.  I did buy all the ingredients for the Pepper Steak, but had to put the meat in the freezer before I had time to prepare it.  No problem because I will just make the double batch and freeze half of it after cooking so I just have to reheat it.  I will update how the meals taste as we eat them.  I personally am excited to have several meals done in so little time!  Check out Aimee’s website to see more meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment